Friday, May 11, 2007

Moved By the Mountains



As I awaken each morning and go to my window, I wonder what the mountains will wear today. They like to change their colors with their mood. Sometimes they dress in purple. At times they dress in green. As autumn approaches, the aspens turn golden, reflecting the bright Colorado sun. They embellish the mountain like ornaments on a Christmas tree, reminding the locals that winter, their favorite season, is on its way. Then, surprise, Santa comes early, and we get a September sprinkling of snow. The town reverberates with joy and anticipation.

As night falls, the colors of daylight blend slowly with the darker colors of the night. I am living in a watercolor painting. But this painting is my reality.

Welcome to Summit County Colorado.

It had not always been this way. Most of my life has been spent entrenched in the grayness of cities. I grew up riding subways, talking street talk, in the heart of New York City. I was raised in a city that never sleeps. Neither did I, for the most part. I used to think that this was normal. I knew the score. I’m a native New Yorker.

As a freelancer, I spent a good deal of time underground, in the bowels of the city. A few times a day I would descend into the underworld surrounded by some of the most peculiar specimens of humanity.

Once I thought I'd never leave New York. When it became too stressful, I settled for Boston, but while living in Boston I learned to ski. The rest, as they say, is history.

In July of 2004, the mountains decided to move me. They enticed me with the promise of a kinder, gentler life, seduced me with an invitation to feel the ever-present sensuality of existence that city dwellers rarely experience. They knew that this is where I'm healthy. This is where I'm happy.

Have you been moved by the mountains? Do you dream of living in Summit County. Frisco realtor Joanne Hanson can make that dream come true.

Check out her Summit County Real Estate Blog






No comments: